Thursday, December 4, 2014

Oatmeal Lace Cookies #FilltheCookieJar

This month's Fill the Cookie Jar group is all about Christmas cookies! I had a hard time picking a cookie for this month's theme. I've been making a lot of cookies recently and running out of ideas, so off to Pinterest I went. I did a generic search for Christmas cookies and found a recipe for oatmeal lace cookies. This was a new recipe for me and have never seen them before.

The recipe was super simple and it made the most delicious crispy, chewy cookies! They're also buttery, sweet and reminded me of caramel. I sent the majority of them with my husband to work... they would be dangerous if they were left at home with me all day!



2 sticks unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
2 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
3 Tbsp flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. 

In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Stir the mixture together often until its combined and smooth. Turn off heat and add in the remaining ingredients. 

Scoop the batter out by teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave two inches between cookies and they will spread. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until they're golden brown. 

Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. 

Source: Add a Pinch 


No comments: