Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fruit Buckle

I found a great recipe for Blueberry-Nectarine Buckle in the July issue of Parents Magazine. I've been looking for a good buckle recipe and I've finally found it!

INGREDIENTS
2 cups biscuit mix
1 cup sugar, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup reduced fat milk
1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
1 medium nectarine, pitted and chopped
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and 1/2" up the sides of a 1 1/2-2 quart baking dish (I used a deep dish pie plate). In a mediume bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1/2 cup sugar, egg, milk and lemon peel. Stir until moistened. Spoon batter into pan.

Top with fruit.

Mix flour and remaining sugar in a bowl. Using a fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbling, sprinkle over fruit.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for half an hour. Serve warm, preferably with vanilla ice cream! YUM!

The first time I made it I used 1 cup sliced strawberries and 2 cups of blueberries.

The second time, I used 3 peaches and 1 cup sliced strawberries. Both times it turned out great with all the added fruit!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

That looks wonderful! YUM!!