Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cream Cheese, Feta & Cranberry Pinwheels

Every year, my parent's friends have a holiday party and we've gone for many years. It's always a great time and a chance to try out a new recipe. I wanted a simple and unique appetizer. There's always a ton of desserts so I knew that was out!

I was a little worried about the feta being too strong but it was perfect and the plate was soon empty and I heard everyone saying how great they were. Doesn't that make you feel great!



8 oz cream cheese, softened
6 oz feta cheese crumbles
1/2 cup green onion, diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
4 soft tortillas

In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, feta, green onions, cranberries and pepper until well combined.

Spread the mixture evenly over each tortilla. Tightly roll the tortilla and wrap with saran wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Once firm, slice into 1 inch pieces. Serve cold

Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen

Secret Recipe Club
Recipe made by: Healthy with Heather

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I made these pinwheels for my superbowl party and they were delicious. So easy to make and very tasty.
Side note: While making them I had a hard time wrapping them all up because I just wanted to dig in and eat an entire roll-up myself.
But I'm glad I restrained myself because they were a hit with everyone!
Thanks for posting this recipe, I'll definitely be making it again.
Sharon

Team Carter said...

Do you think these would be good if I added some pulled chicken?

Unknown said...

Yes pulled chicken would probably be great. Another foodie added smoked salmon to them too!

Anonymous said...

What size tortillas did you use?

Unknown said...

I used 12 inch tortillas.

Steven said...

If you use different kinds of wraps instead it adds a little flavour plus a whole lotof colour (for presentation). Great ingredients though, we just used lunch meats and cream cheese but yours makes it a little more sophisticated, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I made it as a dip and used wheat thins instead. Total hit!! :)