Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jalapeno Cheese Beer Bread


My garden is in full force right (just impatiently waiting for my tomatoes to ripen) and I had an abundance of jalapenos to use. I decided to make jalapeno cheese beer bread. The recipe is from Tasty Kitchen. My husband tried it last night and told me it wasn't good. Umm...thanks dear. I interrupted him before he could tell me it was AWESOME!!!! Whew, so much better to hear! I tried a piece today and it's really, really good. It's definitely going to be made many more times around here.

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 whole jalapenos, finely chopped
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
12 oz bottle/can beer
3 Tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the chopped jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Pour in the beer into the mixing bowl and mix until blended.

Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Pour the melted butter over the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove the bread from the pan and cool for another 10 minutes.

Secret Recipe Club
Recipe made by: Fake Ginger

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Thanks for posting your review. I had been on the fence, but you convinced me it was worth a few minutes to try this. It _is_ yummy!
I had oven-roasted some onion, cherry tomatoes, and jalepenos, so I tossed all of that in the food processor and pulverized the veggies into the dry ingredients. It was surprisingly tasty with and addition of two garlic cloves and only 4 oz of cheese.

Thanks again!

Unknown said...

If u like taste of garlic substitute salt with garlic salt plus add a little cilantro