Sunday, July 4, 2010

Coconut Lover's Pie


My in-laws had us over to celebrate the 4th of July and also grandmom's birthday. I said I would make something for dessert and was instructed it had to be something with coconut. Hmm..that's a toughy as I don't do much baking with coconut. The only thing that I could think of was German Chocolate cake, but with crazy hot temperatures here, I decided against that. I found this recipe on Allrecipes and it sounded really good and perfect for a hot summer's day!

1- 9 inch graham cracker crust
8 oz lowfat cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp sugar
6 oz container of lowfat pina colada yogurt
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
8 oz fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed
toasted coconut for garnish

Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. Stir in yogurt and coconut. Gently fold in whipped topping until combined.

Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with toasted coconut before serving.

Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So...did the family like it?

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your Coconut Lover's Pie. It looks great as a part of RecipeLionBlog.com in This Month's Healthy Bite. Check it out here http://blog.recipelion.com/tmhb-cool-whip-recipes/and take a look at some of the other Cool Whip recipes too. Thanks again, Heather!
~Katie