Saturday, May 16, 2009

Strawberry Muffins

I'm back on my muffin kick! I seriously could eat muffins everyday for the rest of my life. This was the winning recipe on my mom's board weekly recipe challenge a couple weeks ago and I bought way too many strawberries this week and knew this recipe would be perfect to use up some of the strawberries.


1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
2 cups chopped strawberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or use paper lines in a 12 cup muffin pan.

In a small bowl, combine oil, milk and egg. Beat lightly. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat. Pour in milk mixture and stir together until combined.

Fill muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops bounce back from touching the top. Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan.

No comments: