Friday, July 24, 2009

Zucchini Muffins

We'll it's that time of year again...zucchini is in full bloom! The first treat of the season is some zucchini muffins that my daughter helped me with. She had such a great time and keeps asking to eat the muffins all day long - I guess I'll be making them many times this summer.


1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp lemon zest

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line or spray a muffin pan.

In a bowl, mix together the zucchini, sugar, egg and oil; set aside. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in cinnamon and lemon zest.

Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture until just blended. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 way full. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

JL said...

Just made these muffins this morning and they are a hit with all of us! I love the hint of lemon you get from the zest. The only change I did was instead of the oil, I used applesauce.