Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Peach Pie ....and I need some suggestions

I had bought some peaches over the weekend at the Farmer's Market and was worried they would go bad before I got to use them, so I decided I would make my first ever peach pie. I found a really simple recipe from Allrecipes. I followed the directions to a T, but it's really runny. I'm thinking the amount of sugar is too much, but I'm hoping some readers could give me some advice on how to make it thicker.


3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
6 fresh peaches, pitted, skinned and sliced
1 - 9 in single pie crust

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Cream sugar and butter together. Add flour and nutmed, mix until mealy. Spread 1/2 mixture in the pie crust. Arrange peaches on top of crumb mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top of peaches.

Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 40 minutes or until brown.

No comments: