Monday, November 16, 2009

Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers

I bought some ground chicken the other weekend and wanted to make chicken burgers, but not plain chicken burgers. I ran across this recipe on allrecipes.com and gave it a try. I made a couple of tweaks based on what I had available in the cabinets, but it still came out good!

1 lb ground chicken
1 cup panko bread crumbs (recipe calls for dry bread crumbs)
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 large egg (recipe calls for 1 XL egg)
1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
1/4 cup onion, chopped (optional - I didn't add any to my burgers)

Mix together the chicken, bread crumbs, blue cheese, egg, onion and wing sauce in a mixing bowl until evenly combined. Form into 4 patties and place between 2 sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight. I didn't read the instructions before making my burgers. I put them in the freezer for 10 minutes to set up and they worked fine.

Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grates. Cook the patties until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve on toasted buns with more crumbled blue cheese on top.

They're great to dip into ranch dressing too! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY GOOD RECIPE! =)