Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bacon-Cheddar Pinwheels


My daughter's daycare was having a holiday party and I was trying to think outside the box and decided on making pinwheels. After browsing Pillsbury's site, I came across this recipe. They smelled so good - unfortunely I forgot to keep one to try myself! I doubled the recipe to make 32 pieces.

1 can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
2 Tbsp ranch dressing
1/4 cup real bacon pieces
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onions (I omitted)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll dough, cut lengthwise into 2 long rectangles. Press each into a 12x4 rectangle.

Spread dressing over each rectangle. Sprinkle each with bacon, cheddar cheese and onions. Starting with one short side, roll up to each rectangle, press edge to seal. With a serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are deep goldent brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

No comments: