Sunday, December 20, 2009

Spinach Balls

Ok, it's been awhile since I posted a new recipe. Things have been a little crazy around here - I was sick and Madeline was sick over the last 2 weeks so I didn't do much baking or cooking.
But....I'm back with a couple new recipes!

This week is my company's pot luck luncheon. I usually go all out and make something labor intensive, but I have a meeting before the luncheon so I really don't have the time to prepare everything before the lunch. I wanted something quick and simple to make and easily reheats, so I decided on spinach balls. My dad's family usually makes these as an appetizer on Christmas.
2 boxes frozen spinach, thawed and drained (use a clean kitchen towel and squeeze all the excess juice out)
2 cups italian bread crumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese topping
3/4 stick butter, melted
6 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Shape mixture into desired sized balls. I usually use a cookie scoop to make similar sizes. Place balls on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip over to brown and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Serve warm.

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

These look really good -- I'm always looking for alternatives to meat balls :) Thank you for something different.