Sunday, January 24, 2010

Roasted Tilapia with Herbs, Mushrooms & Potatoes

This recipe was shared on my mom's online board. I made a few changes to use up what I had in the pantry. It was a little lemony for my husband and my tastes but it was still very good and healthy!



1.25 pounds tilapia
2 whole lemons, sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 lb new potatoes, sliced into half inch pieces (I used Yukon gold potatoes)
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 lb green beans, trimmed
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange a 1/3 of lemons and garlic in bottom of Dutch oven. Add fish in single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with another 1/3 of lemon and rest of garlic.

Sprinkle with thyme and basil. Add potatoes, mushrooms and beans in layers. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are done. Serve with remaining lemon and garnish with parsley.

No comments: