Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Popcorn



I wanted to make a treat for my daughter to pass out for Valentine’s day and after many hours debating what to make, I finally decided on mother goose popcorn. I had never heard of mother goose popcorn before, but it’s a very easy recipe and tastes pretty good (well according to my almost 3 year old daughter – I’m not a fan of popcorn in general).

1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp water
6 Tbsp butter
3 tsp vanilla
Food coloring - any color you want
Popcorn (I used 3 bags of natural microwavable popcorn)

Cook popcorn according to the package. Dump into a large bowl and remove any kernels that did not pop.

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, butter, vanilla and food coloring. Bring to a boil. Pour over popcorn and stir well until coated.

Empty bowl into a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and let dry.

Recipe from Your Homebased Mom

No comments: