Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pesto


I have a basil plant as part of our little herb garden and it's been a little out of control (kinda like the rest of my garden!). I decided to make some pesto. It's simple and easy and my three year old daughter loved it over her noodles. She asked for green noodles for a week to take to lunch at school!

2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves, Packed
2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
4 cloves Fresh Garlic (peeled)
¼ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Or Sea Salt, To Taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and puree. While the motor is running, drizzle in the oil until incorporated. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
I mixed it with some hot elbow noodles, added some grilled chicken and a little parm - DELISH!

No comments: