Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two Bean Veggie Pizza


Now that my business trip and vacation are over, it's time to get back into a routine - meal planning, meatless mondays and working out! It all started yesterday. I took a me day, spent some time at the gym and watched a movie snuggling with my dog. I've been looking for new recipes to try for meatless Mondays since my last one was a disaster. Eggplant and I are never going to be friends.

This was so easy to make and so delicious. I'm eating leftovers for lunch as I type.

1 medium onion, sliced
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 can of canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 can of canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbsp hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
1 small garlic clove, peeled and halved
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
dash of hot sauce
1 prebaked 12-in thin pizza crust
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
8-10 grape tomatoes, diced
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

In a small nonstick skillet, cook onion in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the beans, salsa, barbecue sauce, garlic, cumin, pepper and black pepper. Cover and process until pureed.

Place crust on a baking sheet, spread with bean mixture. Top with caramelized onions, corn, tomatoes and cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted.

Recipe adapated from Taste of Home Magazine

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That looks delicious!!