Sunday, October 24, 2010

Beef Stew

My friend Bonnie shared this recipe on our mom's board. I haven't made beef stew in forever (if you talk to the hubs, he'll say never) so it was definitely time! This was quick and easy and helped me use some of the stuff in my pantry that needed be used. The only items I needed to buy at the grocery store this week were the stew meat, mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup.

We all loved it and the meat fell apart. It was so good and only minor complaints from my daughter about the carrots...which she ended up eating anyway! I made crescent rolls to go along with it.

1.5 lbs cubed stew meat
1 can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg onion soup mix
3 medium potatoes, cubed
baby carrots, halved and sliced
2 cups quartered mushrooms
2 cups beef broth
salt and pepper to taste

In a crock pot, mix the mushroom soup, soup mix and beef broth. Add the potatoes, carrots and meat. Cook on low for 8 hours. Halfway through cooking add the mushrooms.

Recipe adapted from e-mealz.com

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yum! Glad you liked it! I'm making it again this week!

Anonymous said...

So easy to make and it tasted delicious. I doubled the recipe so that I could have leftovers and also freeze some. Served with some crusy bread. Perfect for this chilly eve. -Sharon