Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

After making pumpkin cookies earlier this week, I was left with about a 1/2 cup of pumpkin. I wanted to use it up this weekend, but really didn't want to bake anything with it since I'm restarting my diet. I've lost count how many times I've restarted this diet. I did a quick search and found a recipe for pumpkin pancakes using the amount of pumpkin I had left and spelt flour. How perfect!! I have a bag of spelt flour that I've been trying to use up. If you don't have spelt flour, you can substitute all-purpose flour .

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.

In a small bowl whisk together the milk, pumpkin, eggs and oil.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined, being careful not to over-mix. The batter will be thick!

Ladle batter in desired portions over a hot nonstick pan or griddle and flip when bubbles begin to break on the tops. Cook another few couple of minutes and remove from griddle.

Recipe from Liv Life Blog

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Yum! Looks so good!