Sunday, November 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Chewy Granola Bars

First off, let me apologize for the hiatus! I haven't stopped cooking or baking, but haven't tried out many new recipes this month. I also took a weekend trip to NYC to meet up with 33 of my closest friends, most who I have never met before. I am part of an amazing mom's board since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago. They are all amazing, have been there for me through good times and bad and I can't imagine my life without them!

Now back to food! I have a couple new recipes I'm trying out this week for Thanksgiving and will get back to posting on a regular basis. I had planned to make these granola bars earlier in the week, but work was crazy and I worked late a couple days this week. I made them last night with my daughter. She had a great time helping me by mixing the oats and sugar together and eating peanut butter chips. :)  These granola bars are chewy and peanutty goodness.

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 cup minature semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a separate bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and salt.

Add the oat mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips. The batter will be stiff.

Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Pour the granola mixture in and spread evenly in pan. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until granola bars are set and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into desired sized bars.

Recipe from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking Magazine

1 comment:

Staci said...

These are delicious!! Thanks so much for posting!