Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tiny Fudge Tarts


Here’s the last and final cookie recipe from the exchange…but not the last cookie recipe you’ll see from me before the end of the year. I have three new cookie recipes I want to try over the next couple of weeks, I think I’ll have a lot of happy coworkers visiting me.



This recipe is another different cookie that I’ve never eaten before. It had a flaky crust with a fudgy-coconut middle. They were tasty, but I think I’d like them with the chopped nuts in place of the coconut. Hopefully I can get around to making them with nuts and see how they are!

Hope you enjoyed all the cookie recipes…which one is your favorite? Or do you have a recipe I should try out?


Dough

1 ½ cups flour
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter, softened
3 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla


Fudge Filling


¼ cup butter, softened
1 egg yolk
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup cocoa
½ cup finely chopped nuts or flaked coconut


Mix the filling ingredients together in a medium sized bowl and set aside.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt together. Cut in the butter using a pastry knife or two knives in a scissor fashion. Sprinkle the crumbled mixture with water and vanilla and mix well with a fork.


Using half of the dough at a time, roll out 1/16” thick on a cloth-covered board generously sprinkled with sugar. Cut into 2 1/2” squares. Spread a teaspoonful of the filling into the center of each square. Bring the corners of the dough to the center and seal together. Placed the sealed side up or down on an ungreased baking sheet.


Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes approximately 2.5 dozen tarts.

No comments: