Friday, February 11, 2011

Pomegranate-Glazed Pork Chops

I had bought thin sliced pork chops last week and didn't get a chance to make them, so they were bumped to this week. I didn't want just boring old plain pork chops, so off to searching I went. This is definitely becoming a chore that I love doing!

The pomegranate juice and ketchup makes a simple glaze for the pork and has a sweet and tangy taste. I opted to use pomegranate-blueberry juice (it was on sale) and it was so tasy!


1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp salt
4 bonless pork loin chops (6 ozs each)

In a large saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, ketchup, vinegar, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil ant cook until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Measure out 1/4 cup and set aside.

I made my pork chops on the indoor grill, but the original recipe calls for using a broiler. Preheat the broiler. Brush the pork with half of the barbecue sauce and broil 6 inches from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn the pork over, brush with remaining sauce and broil for an additional 4 minutes or until the pork is cooked through but still juicy.

Serve with the reserved sauce on the side.

Recipe from: The Rodae Whole Foods Cookbook

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Okay... if you just told me to put ketchup and pomegranate on a pork chop I'd be wigged out. but that actually looks REALLY good. Reading your blog makes me hungry!

Cooking Creation said...

What a unique flavor combination for the glaze! I'll have to try it :) Sounds yummy!