Sunday, February 20, 2011

Turkey Bolognese over Rigatoni

This is the second recipe using the tangy tomato ragout that I made last week. It was super simple and perfect for a quick dinner especially since we had to take Madeline to the doctor's for an ear check. Unfortunely her appointment did not go well - she had a SEVERE ear infection. I am amazed at how much of a trooper she was and never complained at home. I have to thank daycare because they are the ones who called to tell me she had be saying her ear hurt. She's doing much better and I'm hoping her re-check goes well!

Anyways, back to the food. Bolognese is a very rich and thick sauce. I know my husband would have preferred if I used ground beef, but I had ground turkey in the freezer, so that's what he got!


12 oz rigatoni pasta or any tube shaped pasta
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup diced pancetta or turkey bacon
1 1/4 lb ground turkey
3 cups leftover Tangy Tomato Ragout
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 3 minutes, stirring a few times. Add the ground turkey and cook 5 to 7 minutes until cooked through. Drain excess fat. Add the ragout and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes to heat through. Remove from the heat and stir in the oregano.

Divide the pasta into individual serving bowls. Spoon the sauce over the pasta and top with mozzarella cheese. Mangia!

Recipe adapted from Quick Fix Meals by Robin Miller

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for another great recipe, Heather!