Sunday, March 27, 2011

Colorburst Cupcakes

I'm alive, no worries. Things have been a little hectic here in our house. Our little one celebrated her 4th birthday last Tuesday. I was in denial that she's growing up...I mean, wasn't she just born last year?!?!?! We also lost my husband's grandmother last week, so I have been helping with her house.

Back to Madeline's birthday... I made a batch of colorburst cupcakes for her to take into school. I made them last year for her birthday party but changed up the colors this year. I went with pink and purple - her two favorite colors! They are very easy to make and are SO moist!



1 box of white cake mix
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with a hand mixer. Once incorporated, mix on medium-high for 2 minutes.

Divide batter into smaller bowls according to how many colors your cupcakes will be. I did 3 - pink, purple and white. For 3 colors, it ended up being about 2.5 cups each.

Color batter with food coloring until the desired color is achieved. Line 2 muffin pans with paper lines.

To get a layered look, place a spoonful of each color until the cups. The batter is very thick. A little tip - fill a small cup with warm water. Dip your finger into the water and then spread the batter around the paper liner. Continue until all colors are used.

Bake according to the package instructions.

Frost with your favorite icing recipe.

Source: Our Best Bites

No comments: