Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Asian Broccoli Chicken with Cashews

I have been craving Chinese food lately and we haven't had a chance to go out for it. This was delicious and simple to make. I also loved that my husband made it since I was running late for work. He used to cook in a local restaurant but has since left and now works in an office.

When we dated in college, he would cook for me all the time. I think it was just his way to hook me in! I guess it worked! I do most of the cooking now, but it's always nice to have someone else cook for you. I might have to be late from work more often! :)

2 tsp vegetable oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large bunch broccoli. cut into florets
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup catalina salad dressing
2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 cup cashew pieces

In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet. Cover to keep warm.

Add broccoli and water to the skillet. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.

Stir in the chicken into the skillet with the broccoli. Add the remaining ingredients except for the cashews. Stir to combine and cook for 2 more minutes or until heated through.

Serve over brown rice. Top with cashew pieces.

Source: Kraft Foods

No comments: