Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cinnamon-Sugar Banana Bread

I had some over-ripe bananas on the counter from last week and I've been dying to bake something. I've had another insane and crazy busy week (one more to go!) so I didn't do much cooking or baking. Lots of cleaning out the freezer and pantry and leftovers. I have a few things planned for this week, but I know it's going to be just as busy, if not busier than last week. I can't even remember the last time I worked out, needless to say, it's been weeks! I need to get back into my routine and the first thing that always helps is baking!

I had recruited Madeline to help me, but she decided playing games with Daddy was more important. Fine by me! Sometimes it's easier to bake without her, plus it's always good for her and Daddy to spend quality time together...since they've been fighting like cats and dogs lately.

Now, on the to bread. It was delicious and the brown sugar crust was the perfect sweetness!


3 over-ripe bananas
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 - 2 Tbsp brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.

In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add all the other ingredients except the brown sugar. Mix well until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.

Sprinkle the brown sugar on top in an even layer. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

Recipe slightly adapted from: La Casa de Sweets

1 comment:

beth said...

that looks delicious!! i love bananas in baking! just made a hummingbird cake tonight....also uses bananas and is so good.