Monday, June 20, 2011

Cajun Shrimp and Rice

Ok, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth last week. I was just swamped with work and didn't get time to blog about our meals. I'm also trying to empty out of our freezer to get ready for my next shopping trip to BJ's warehouse.

I made this last week and it was very good. I eliminated the cajun seasoning but used some Old Bay I had in the spice cabinet. I don't do much cajun cooking, but this was a quick one pot dinner.


1 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 bunches scallions, chopped
2 cups cooked rice
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

Heat the butter, olive oil and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium0high heat until fragrant. Add the cajun seasoning and shrimp. Cook until shrimp begin to curl and then season with salt and pepper.

Add the tomatoes and scallions and cook, continually stirring. Add the rice and 1/4 cup water. Continue to cook until the rice is warmed through and the shrimp are fully cooked, approximately 3 more minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve.

Source: Food Network Magazine - Great Easy Meals Cookbook

No comments: