Monday, July 18, 2011

The Secret Recipe Club: Turkey Macaroni Skillet

This month's assignment was from Everyday Insanity. I was excited when I received Cindy's blog as my assignment. We have very similiar styles of cooking and I loved seeing all the posts about her grandkids!

I chose her Beefy Macaroni Skillet recipe. It's a quick, one pot meal which is great for any busy family. I swapped out the ground beef in the original recipe for ground turkey.


1/2 lb ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
1 small can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water or tomato juice
1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup small elbow pasta
1 cup frozen corn

In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey and onion. Drain any grease from the turkey. Stir in the tomatoes, water/juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.

Add the pasta and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover and cook for 12-15 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir often to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add the corn and heat through. Top with shredded cheese if desired.

Want to join The Secret Recipe club? Stop by Amanda's Cookin' and join the club!


9 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Love it, this recipe brings back memories from my childhood.

I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Holy Guacamole.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Cindy said...

Glad you liked this recipe. Whenever I ask hubby what he wants for dinner it's this recipe! Pure comfort food, and the leftovers make a great lunch. Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I'm excited to take a look at your blog! Have a great day.

amanda @ fake ginger said...

I love easy skillet meals like this! This looks like something my family would love!

Shelby said...

Sounds like a quick, flavorful, one dish meal great for a busy weeknight!

Eliotseats said...

What a great and easy meal.

Taylor said...

This looks like a great weeknight meal!

MrsJenB said...

The simplest meals can be the most satisfying, for sure! :)

Amy Anderson said...

Looks easy enough! Glad to be part of SRC with you!

Amy @ A Little Nosh

marla said...

This skillet macaroni is such a great meal! So fun to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you.