Sunday, April 1, 2012

Banana Cake

I am loving all things bananas this pregnancy! I'm usually a fan of bananas but I don't know what it is right now, but I can't get enough of them. I pinned this recipe months ago and finally got around to making it this week.

Madeline and I decided while Daddy was getting his haircut on Thursday, we'd get busy in the kitchen. She had fun mashing the bananas and didn't make too much of a mess. After we made the batter, I looked around the kitchen and found a opened bag of mini chocolate chip and decided to toss a cup of them into the batter. PERFECT! We skipped the vanilla bean frosting but I plan to make the recipe to a T next time to see the difference.


2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium sized bananas)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 degrees if using a glass pan). Coat a 8x8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar, sour cream, egg and the softened butter. Add the bananas and vanilla, stir to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the chocolate chips.

Pour into the greased pan and bake fror 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.

Source: ButterYum

No comments: