Friday, June 22, 2012

Where I've been...

I'm sure you noticed things have been a little quiet around here lately. The end of my pregnancy was really rough and I was very uncomfortable and pretty much did nothing except lay on the couch and try to relax. But I have exciting news! My little guy was born on Tuesday, June 12th!

I was scheduled for an induction for the 13th, but Cooper had other plans! I woke up to my water breaking at 2:30 am on Tuesday morning. OMG...totally not what I expected. My husband and I rushed to the hospital since we live about 45 minutes away. When we got there, things were moving very slowly and the nurses weren't sure my water really broke. All the tests were coming up negative, but I was sure it really did break. Finally my doctor arrived and she had me admitted around 7 am. My contractions weren't getting much stronger and closer, so I opted to start pitocin. It was started around 8 am and things started moving really quickly. By 11 am, my contractions were one on top of another and I wanted an epidural (I had planned to try to go without drugs)....but the anethesologist was busy with another patient and didn't get to me in time before I had to push.

Cooper Owen was born at 11:49 am on Tuesday, June 12th. We've been home for a week now and adjusting to life with 2 kids and trying to get back into the swing of things. Recipes will be coming back soon! I'm ready to get back in the kitchen after this heatwave ends! :)

And here's our little guy!


Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

No comments: