Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Basil Balsamic Dressing


My basil plants are out of control! I’ve already dried a bunch of basil and now I’m looking for other ideas of what to do with it before it winter arrives. I’m going to try to save some of it and bring it inside but the huge pot that it’s growing in now is not coming into my house. I saw a recipe for basil balsamic dressing on Pinterest and figured it was worth a shot to try. OMG….it’s delicious! I usually just drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar over tomato mozzarella salad and then chop some basil to sprinkle over but this is so much easier. Plus you get some of the dressing in every bite. I can’t wait to try it over pasta!


1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 cup packed basil leaves
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar


Put all the ingredients in a food process and puree. Pour it into a carafe and refrigerate until ready to use. Shake well before using.


So….about the rest of my basil, give me some suggestions on what to do with it? Has anyone frozen it in olive oil before; how’d it work out when you used it?


Source: Mod Frugal

No comments: