I had planned to make hard-boiled eggs today anyways, so I thought I would give his method a try. I was hoping it would work since my eggs were fairly fresh since I buy them direct from a chicken farm. After putting the eggs in a pot and filling it with water, I added 1 teaspoon of baking soda. I heard about the baking soda trick before but hadn't tried it yet.
After cooking my eggs and cooling them, I found the egg to experiment on. After following Tim's method, I removed a small amount of the shell from the top and bottom of the egg and attempted to blow the egg out of the shell. Let's just say it took me a couple of minutes of blowing really hard for the egg to finally pop out of the shell. The shell was in one piece and egg was perfect.
I'll definitely be adding baking soda to water when I make hard-boiled eggs, but I don't think I'll be blowing eggs in the future. LOL!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!