Saturday, October 13, 2012

Baking Bacon

I've heard about baking bacon in your oven but I never tried it before. We don't eat much pork bacon and usually eat turkey bacon, but I was making a dip recipe that called for regular bacon and it was buy one, get one free at the grocery store last week and I had a coupon, so I figured why not splurge and get some "real" bacon. I also didn't try this before with my old stove since the temperature was off and I wasn't going to chance it! Now that we have all our new appliances in, I'm much more comfortable believing when I set my oven, it's going to be the right temperature.

This was much easier to do than cooking bacon on the stove or microwave. Easier clean up and it didn't make my entire house smell like bacon!

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then lay a cooling rack on top. I didn't want my bacon laying in fat   so I used the cooling rack, but you could just lay the bacon directly on the foil. Place the pan in a cold oven and turn the temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is done to your crispiness. I under cooked mine so I could freeze some of it and then just reheat it in the microwave for 30 seconds. I'll be doing this from now on with all my bacon!


No comments: