Monday, October 22, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip

I've been wanting to make this dip for months and finally got around to it...AND I wish I wouldn't have waited so long. It was so good and much easier than making jalapeno poppers. I think it might be my new dish to take for pot luck dinners! The heat of the dip will definitely depend on the jalapenos; I used 6 and it wasn't crazy hot.


16 oz fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup light mayo
8 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
6 jalapenos, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Topping
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients (except for the topping ingredients). Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. I used a 2 quart dish and it worked fine, just a thicker dip.

In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients with a fork.. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers, chips and vegetables.

Source: Brown Eyed Baker

No comments: