Monday, February 25, 2013

Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs

We had a crazy busy weekend and by the time Sunday rolls around the last thing I want to do is make dinner. This was a quick, throw everything in the slow cooker and let it cook. I used a jar of pre-made pesto since fresh herbs aren't that great right now, but I will be making this during the summer when I have an abundance of basil. I think fresh pesto will be much lighter since the jarred pesto I used was quite heavy with olive oil. I also think it would be great to use as a marinade for chicken breasts and then grilled.



8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
6 oz jar pesto
1 package dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock

Season thighs with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Spread the pesto over the chicken thighs. Sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning mix over the chicken. Pour in the chicken stock and stir to combine. 

Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is fully cooked through. 

Source: Picky Palate

No comments: