Friday, March 15, 2013

Biscoff Banana Bread

A couple weeks ago I won a case of Biscoff to share with friends and family...though I haven't been that good about sharing yet. Needless to say, I've been looking for different recipes using this amazing spread. Somehow I also ended up with a bunch of over-ripe bananas, again; so the next couple recipes with feature bananas.

This bread was really moist and delicous. I liked it warmed up with a dollop of Biscoff on top, just for some extra goodness. The original recipe had a cookie streusel on top. I didn't have Biscoff cookies, so I made it without and it was delicious just like this! I don't think you could go wrong either way.


1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Biscoff spread
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, Biscoff, oil, egg, vanilla and sugars. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine. The batter will be lumpy.

Pour into the prepared loaf pan and spread batter to smooth the top. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a cooling rack and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on the cooling rack to completely cool. Slice and spread with more Biscoff.

Source: Two Peas & Their Pod

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I eat peanut butter on a banana all the time as a post-workout snack, but I have never thought about putting peanut butter on my banana bread. Truly amazing!! Why didn't I think of that before?? :-) I think I might actually bake some so I can try this. Thanks for the inspiration and have a wonderful weekend. - Lisa