Monday, April 1, 2013

Crispy Edamame

I'm looking for healthier options for snacks and I saw this recipe for crispy edamame. I like just plain edamame but wanted to change things up. These didn't come out as crunchy as I would have liked, but they are still tasty. I'm thinking I need to bake them for 5 more minutes and they should be good. I loved the saltiness of the Parmesan cheese and there are so many other flavor combinations that are possible with just adding a few spices - garlic, cayenne pepper. You can really make them in any flavor your desire.




12 oz bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt & fresh ground pepper

Once edamame is thawed, lay on a paper towel for it to dry and remove the excess moisture. Once dry, add to gallon sized Ziploc bag. Coat with the tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the cheese and spices. Shake to coat.

On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, pour the coated edamame. Spread out in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying.

Source: Allrecipes

No comments: