Monday, April 15, 2013

The Secret Recipe Club: Orange-Pineapple Julius

It's time for the monthly installment of The Secret Recipe Club.

This month my assignment was Angela's Kitchen. Angela has been cooking and baking dairy and gluten free for many years and I was amazed at how she's been able to transform everyday recipes to enjoy with her and her family's dietary restrictions. I guess I've been blessed and the only real food allergy I need to worry about is my husband's allergy to crab. It's not good for me since I love crab, but I still enjoy it when I'm traveling for work.

After browsing through Angela's recipes, I decided on a drink - mock Orange Julius. I've never had a real Orange Julius before so I can't compare, but this was so tasty and perfect to cool down on a very warm spring day! I threw in some pineapple since I had just cut one up and the combination was perfect!



1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar
handful of ice cubes

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I used a hand immersion blender and it worked perfectly. Pour into a glass and enjoy!

Want to be part of the SRC? Join here!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

This would be a great way to start off the morning.

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

looks so simple and so delicious!

Chaya said...

I like the addition of the pineapple. I have always thought that pineapple and orange go well together.

SeattleDee said...

It's amazing that 4 ordinary ingredients create such a delicious drink. This one is sweet and refreshing at the same time. Yum!

Unknown said...

Perfect and refreshing for spring. Good call on the pineapple

Jeanie said...

Sounds great. I love refreshing, healthyish drinks.

Rebekah said...

Sounds so refreshing - and very healthy too! Perfect summer drink.

Miz Helen said...

Your Orange Pineapple Julius looks perfect for an afternoon treat. Great cooking with you in Group B!
Miz Helen

shelley c. said...

Oh my gosh, I am seriously thinking of whipping these up for my kids with their breakfast tomorrow morning... looks creamy and fruity and delicious!

Angela said...

I am so glad you liked the recipe! I am definitely adding pineapple the next time we make it. Great idea! Have a wonderful week!

Judee@ Gluten Free A-Z Blog said...

Nothing better than an orange julius. Looks fabulous.

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

Perfect as a refreshing drink in this warmer weather. Pineapple sounds like a tasty addition. :)

Trisha said...

I think pineapple is such a lovely addition. Perfect for summer!!! Stopping by from Group A!

I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog. I'd love for you to stop by and be a part of it!!! http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2013/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-things-and-giveaway.html