Friday, July 26, 2013

Cookie Batter Granola

I apologize for the lack of posts this past week. Life has been a little crazy and stressful and it's only going to get worse over the next month. We've working through selling our first home and buying our next house. Things are moving along and we'll be packing up our house over the next month. I know I'll be doing less cooking and baking over the next month, but I plan to be back at things once we're settled into the new house. Plus, I'm going to have a nice new gorgeous kitchen...I can't wait to show it off!

I haven't made granola in a couple months and it was about time I made some. I'm working on using the items in my pantry (less things to move) and whipped up a batch of cookie batter granola. I still have a couple jars of Biscoff I need to use up or give away, so this was perfect to make. Madeline loved it and I know she'll be enjoying it all weekend over yogurt and fresh fruit.



3 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup cookie batter spread (Biscoff)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, flax, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix to combine ingredients.

In a small bowl, add the honey and Biscoff. Place in the microwave and heat for 45 seconds to one minute. Stir to combine and add in the vanilla. Pour over the oats before the mixture cools. Stir and coat the oats with the honey-Biscoff mixture.

Spread on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir the granola around and bake for another 15 minutes. Check to see if the granola is dry at this point and if not, let bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool. Once cooled, transfer to an air-tight container.

Source: Heather's French Press

No comments: