Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Quinoa Pizza Bites

I'm on the search for lunch ideas that Madeline will be able to take for lunch this school year. Last year, she was only in half-day kindergarten so I could send in regular lunches to daycare for them to heat up. Next year, she'll be eating lunch at school and she's not a huge fan of sandwiches, so I'm going to need to get creative!

We all loved these and I know I can swap out the pepperoni for veggies and they'll be perfect for Cooper too. I can't wait to make them again but need to stock up on quinoa since I used the last of it on this recipe. They would also be great for a party too!



2 cups cooked quinoa
2 eggs
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and fresh ground pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon into each tin and press down slightly to compact the mixture. Continue filling until the pan is full.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and then remove from the tin and place on a serving dish. Serve with a bowl of warmed pizza sauce for dipping and enjoy!

Source: So Very Blessed

No comments: