Monday, July 15, 2013

Thyme Infused Lemonade - The Secret Recipe Club

It's time for July's Secret Recipe Club! This month my assignment was Amy's Cooking Adventures. Amy is a SAHM to two adorable little boys! We have a lot in common in our cooking and baking styles and we both save room for dessert! I had a really hard time narrowing down my selection this month. I was first thinking about making Cosmic Brownies but I've been trying hard to get these last five pounds of baby weight off and decided against those...LOL! I need a party to go to so they're not tempting me all day long.

I decided to go with Amy's recipe for thyme infused lemonade. I have an entire pot full of thyme - more than I know what to do with! This recipe was so simple and I loved the hint of thyme in the lemonade. It was perfect to enjoy during the heat and humidity we had over the July 4th holiday weekend.


1 1/2 cups sugar
1 bunch of fresh thyme 
2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
7 cups cold water

In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of water, the sugar and thyme. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved and a simple syrup is made, remove from the heat to cool. Add in the lemon juice and the remaining 6 cups of water.

Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove the thyme sprigs and any little pieces of lemon. Chill in the refrigerator until cold. Serve over ice with thyme springs as a garnish.

No comments: