Monday, September 16, 2013

Fudge Brownies - The Secret Recipe Club

Welcome to the September The Secret Recipe Club! I was so excited for my assignment this month - It Bakes Me Happy! I have been drooling over Emily's blog for months and was hoping I would be assigned her blog soon. I have a list of about 25 different recipes I want to make but narrowed it down to 4 - Monkey Bread, Turtle Muffins, Graham Crackers, Fudge Brownies - and asked my online mommy forum to help me decide on one. They voted for Turtle muffins but after talking to my husband about the choices, I learned that he has never had Monkey Bread! What??? He had to experience this and that was how I narrowed down my choices. I went to get all the ingredients together to make them for breakfast yesterday morning and low and behold, I'm missing YEAST! We've been in our new house for 3 weeks and I'm still unpacking. I saw packets of yeast when I was unpacking, but I have no idea where I put them....so now I needed to figure out something else to make. I had all the ingredients for fudge brownies, so that was it! I'll definitely be making monkey bread and the other 2 recipes (and probably many more) in the very near future.

These brownies are so different and unique! I love the use of coconut oil and oat flour. Those two ingredients caught my eye and I love using oat flour in muffins so I knew it would be a great change in brownies. They're so rich and chocolately! I'll definitely be making them again, though the next time, I'll grind my oats a little finer. Emily, thanks for all the inspiration and I can't wait to make more recipes from your blog!


1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
6 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup oat flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside. 

In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add in the chocolate chips and melt stirring constantly. Once melted and combine, remove from heat and in both sugars. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Finally, add the flour, vanilla and salt and stir until mixed. 

Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely and then cut into small pieces. Enjoy! 


No comments: