Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin and Chocolate Muffins

Today's my reveal day for The Secret Recipe Club. This last month flew by and I'm not sure where the time has gone! My assignment this month Jane's Adventures in Dinner. Jane has so many amazing recipes with mouth-watering photographs! I love her creativity and variety! I had planned to make her pretzel dogs, but my daughter had dental surgery last week and I didn't want to miss out on eating them. They're on my list to make for next week! Since she could only eat soft foods, we decided on Jane's Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Muffins. I made a substitution of flour in the chocolate batter and used whole wheat, which resulted in super thick batter that we couldn't swirl. Regardless, they tasted great and both kids loved them! They'll make great snacks for the kids to take to school this week.

On a quick note, I wanted to let everyone know of an amazing Rodan + Fields deal coming up. If you're a preferred customer, you'll have the opportunity to get a hold of the AMP MD roller at my price, 15% off the preferred customer price! There's still time to become a preferred customer, contact me today!

Now, back to the recipe. :)


15 oz can pure pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs 
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I would lightly spray a muffin pan instead of using paper liners. Set muffin pan aside. 

In a medium sized bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and eggs. Divide the batter in half and transfer half to another bowl. In one bowl, add in 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Stir to combine. In the other bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder. 

Divide the pumpkin batter between the prepared muffin tins and then divide the chocolate batter. Swirl the batter together...if you can... ;) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to completely cool on a cooling rack. 

No comments: