Thursday, January 23, 2014

Rocky Road Ice Cream

I was away over the weekend in Nashville for my business' leadership summit - it was an amazing time! I met so many great people, learned so much more about Rodan + Fields and ate some amazing food. I enjoyed the most delicious shrimp and grits one night for dinner.....amazing! I also picked up some nasty cold while I was there, so this week has been all about chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese. I feel horrible and hope to kick this bug soon. Pity party for one here!

I made a batch of rocky road ice cream before I left for Nashville so my husband would have a little snack at night to indulge in after taking care of the kids all weekend. Needless to say, he enjoyed it since it was gone when I got back on Sunday! I did get to taste-test a small bowl before I left. It was delicious, the perfect amount of chocolate and of course, I added extra marshmallows and pecans. 


2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 cup mini marshmallows

In a medium bowl with a spout, whisk together the cream, milk, both sugars and cocoa powder for 2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. 

Using an ice cream, make the ice cream according to the instructions. Once the ice cream has finished churning, fold in the pecans and marshmallows. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 1 to 2 hours until the ice cream has harden.

Scoop a big bowl and enjoy! 




No comments: