Thursday, June 19, 2014

Creamy Pineapple Sorbet

I love making homemade ice cream, there's just something about it that makes it so much better than what you can buy in the store. Granted, I wouldn't have started making it myself if I didn't have an ice cream maker, but I'm so glad that I went out and finally bought one a couple years ago!

I found myself with a container of pineapple that needed to be eat eaten or it was going to go bad. I searched around for a recipe to use it up and stumbled across this recipe. It was perfect! I also had a little bit of whipping cream left over from another recipe. The kids are loving this sweet, frozen treat! Plus...I love that I can just eat a spoonful and it satisfies my sweet tooth!


2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks
6 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp lemon juice

In a blender, combine the pineapple, sugar and water. Process until the mixture is smooth and there are no chunks. Add in the cream and lemon juice. Pulse a few times to combine. Place the mixture into the refrigerator for at least an hour. 

When ready to make the sorbet, pour the mixture into your frozen ice cream bowl and process according to instructions of the ice cream machine. Once ready, transfer to a freezer safe container and allow to freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. Dig in and enjoy! 


No comments: