Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cherry Jalapeno Beef Skewers

We've been doing a lot of grilling lately...the weather has been perfect and most of the time my husband mans the grill. But this time, I took over to make these beef skewers. I was offered the opportunity to review a few products from Gourmet Warehouse. I had never heard of the company before, but one of my food blogger friends told me about them and I was excited to learn I could pick a few products to try out. 

They carry a variety marinades, BBQ sauces and spice rubs/seasonings and are based in Hilton Head. I had a hard time narrowing down my selection, but I chose the mild cherry jalapeno BBQ sauce and honey garlic injectable marinade. Both products were something I had never used before and couldn't wait for them to arrive. 

I immediately knew I was going to inject a roaster with the honey garlic marinade. I don't have pictures for this recipe, but the chicken was so moist and flavorful! I only had a couple hours to let it marinade before I needed to get it in the oven, but in that short amount of time, it was amazing. 

For the BBQ sauce, I knew I wanted to used it to baste a piece of grilled meat. I was looking at the different cuts of beef at my butcher and saw they had top sirloin on sale. They had a few thin sliced pieces - light bulb moment! I could slice it into thin strips and make skewers out of it. The sauce is AMAZING! The combination of cherry and jalapeno is perfect - the sweetness of the cherries is cut with the mild heat of the jalapeno.My husband said "it was the best meal I've had in a long time." I'm not sure if I should be mad at him or not for that comment.  I loved the sauce so much, that we used it on grilled chicken the next night. 


1 lb thin top sirloin, cut into one inch strips (approximately 1/4 inch thick)
Cherry Jalapeno BBQ sauce 
wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes

Skewer the beef and season both sides with salt and pepper. Once your grill is ready, place the skewers on the grill. Allow to cook for 2 minutes and then flip. After you flip, coat the top side with the BBQ sauce. Cook for one minute on the other side and then flip. Coat that side with BBQ sauce and let sit for one minute. Flip two more times so both sides of the beef is basted twice with the sauce. Remove from heat and enjoy! 

If you've never tried Gourmet Warehouse products before, check them out.


No comments: