Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Skinny Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! We have a busy weekend and hosted a family party on July 4th. It was small but it was fun to get together with our family and enjoy the weather. I was worried the weather wasn't going to be great, but by noon, the weather changed and it was gorgeous out. I've been busy working the kitchen getting ready for some of my monthly features; I'm so excited to share them with you! I have also been really busy trying to grow my business and I'll be sharing more information about it later this week as well as a little surprise too. 

I made these muffins months ago, but they got lost in the mix and I just stumbled across the pictures as I preparing for another post. I figured now was a great time to get them posted because they were devoured in 2 days. The kids gobbled them up and they were perfect to send to daycare for breakfast and for an after daycare snack. Plus, they're healthy too, so I didn't worry when the kids ate 2-3 in a day. 


2 large bananas, mashed 
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 egg
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. 

In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, honey, brown sugar, yogurt. egg and milk. Once combined, whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and gently fold to combine all the ingredients together. 

Divide the batter between the twelve muffin tins. They should be almost filled to the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees and then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for another 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating. 

Slightly adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction


No comments: