Friday, September 5, 2014

Cookbook Review: 100 Days of Real Food

I've mentioned before how I'm in the process of eliminating as many processed foods as I can from our house and the stars aligned when my copy of Lisa Leake's 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook arrived on my door step! You might have heard of Lisa before through her blog, along with her husband and two kids, they went 100 days without eating highly processed or redefined foods. It was a great insight for me to see how it can be done with kids...and it's simple once you understand it all.

That's what I love about this cookbook! Everything is laid out for you - how to shop at the grocery store, reading food labels, example meal plans, 100 recipes, and so much more! I know this is going to be go-to cookbook when I'm meal planning. 

There's a great section of the book called "Lunch Box" that has different options for kids lunches. I find I struggle with sending Madeline with different items for lunch every day. I'm sure I'll be using this section frequently. 

The first recipe I'm planning to make is the Veggie Corn Chowder. It's perfect timing because next week the temps are supposed to return to "normal" early fall weather (no more 90+ days) and it will make enough for leftovers while I'm traveling to Atlanta next week. 

Some of the other recipes I have my eye on include:
  • Spiced Nut Mix
  • Asian Lettuce Wraps
  • Super-Easy Whole-Wheat Biscuits
  • Homemade Chicken Nuggets
  • Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
I could go on and on!

If you're thinking about reducing the amount of processed food your family eats, definitely check out 100 Days of Real Food cookbook!

Photos credit: Carrie Vitt

No comments: