Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Honey Vanilla Coffee Cream

I'm slowly in the process of eliminating as much processed food as I can from our kitchen and this was a big step for me to replace my store-bought coffee creamer. I didn't realize how simple and easy it was to make and I can't wait to try out different flavors - almond, caramel, pumpkin spice...the possibilities are endless! 

I love the light flavor of the honey and vanilla and I didn't need as much creamer as I usually pour into my coffee. I used regular milk this time, but I'm going to try almond milk next time and I'm going to even attempt to make my own sweetened condensed milk! Plus I found this super cute carafe at Target and I knew it would be perfect to hold my creamer. 

14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 3/4 cup milk (your preference: whole, skim, almond, heavy cream, etc)
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract

Heat the honey with a small amount of milk in the microwave to thin it out and for the sugars in the honey to completely dissolve. Add the remaining milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine and then place in the refrigerator until you're ready to use. 

Check out recipes for other flavor combinations at Reclaiming Your Castle

No comments: