Monday, November 3, 2008

Cheesy Rice, Broccoli & Chicken Casserole

I found this receipe on Allrecipes.com, but changed it slightly.

2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
1 3/4 cups water
1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup (or any cream soup)
1/2 cup milk
12 oz frozen broccoli (I used a frozen steamer bag and only partially cooked it in the microwave)
1 small onion, chopped
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese

Make rice according to package. Cook chicken in skillet seasoned with salt and pepper. Cube when slightly cooled.

In a 9x13 baking dish or deep dish pie pan, mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and broccoli is fully cooked. Stir halfway through baking to help the cheese melt evenly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!!I'm your newest follower!! I found you through a link up ..I've been blog surfing & can't remember where I started at!
I have already printed several recipes & can't wait to try them!
Gotta run back to your blog & check out more recipes. :)
www.amee2.blogspot.com