Thursday, December 18, 2008

Garlic Cheddar Chicken

My friend Julie shared this recipe with me and I was kinda on the fence about it - but after making it last night. - OH.MY.GOD! It was so good! Definitely will be on the menu many more times.

1/2 cup butter (I only used 1/4 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used 3/4 cup)
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
dash of salt
4 - 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in saucepan over low heat, add garlic and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes.

In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, cheeses and seasonings. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat; then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining buttter and top with remaining bread crumb mixture.

Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe was fantastic!! I was soo bored with my normal chicken recipe so I gave this a try... definitely a keeper in the recipe box :)
Nicole