Monday, February 23, 2009

Red Velvet Cake Balls

When I first saw this recipe on Bakerella's blog, I knew I had to try it! I finally had the perfect opportunity - Valentine's Day. I sent half into my daughter's daycare - I knew there would be no way we could eat them all without feeling guilty.

1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13x9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz)
1 pkg chocolate bark
wax paper

After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl. Mix throughly with the can of cream cheese frosting. It may be easier to use fingers to mix together but it's very messy! Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. Chill for several hours.

Melt choclate bark in microwave per directions on package. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm.




No comments: